Monday, April 11, 2016

When entertainment becomes God...

The church is located in an old dance arena where I used to go to as a young unbeliever. There were bus loads of young people being transported there that night from all over town and college campuses. It gave me the idea of a "mega church" and probably a place where these young people felt very much at home. No need to change your ways, just come as you are, you are loved and excepted. Have a ball, nobody will miss you if you stayed at home because yikes, there are so many people here you can just get lost in it all! Welcome to Hillsong Church.




This past weekend the Colour Conference was organized by the Hillsong Church. Lots of my lady friends at church attended last year and I got two complimentary tickets. Liza couldn't go so I invited my friend and off we went on Friday night. Hooray a night away from home on our own to worship our Lord and what more could we ask for?

I have to say, after the first five minutes I wanted to run away. A young man making suggestive hip movements and hyping up a crowd of woman to do the same on the beat of Michael Jackson was not what I expected. This was going on for 30 minutes or more. Worldly music and woman dancing with their hands in the air worshiping what? Who? Are we not to be transformed renewed in our minds? To not conform to this world?

Romans 12:1 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship."

The young man with a big tattoo with the words "Jesus Christ" underneath his upper arm was stirring up young ladies to dance to the beat of satan.

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then your will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

Do we have to imitate the world to have a good time? Do we have to taste and smell just like the world? How then will we or they know the difference? How will they see the light? If we look just like them? Did God not call us to be separate? Holy? Pure? Salt and Light?

Matthew 5:48 "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

And moments later, these ladies lifted their hands, a moment ago lifted in praise to the world, now to worship Jesus.

I stayed. I wish I didn't. My friend was disappointed when I said I wasn't going back there on the Saturday. I was so disgusted in how they started this conference. It was really so unnecessary and nauseating it just spoiled everything for me. I didn't take the pastors or the teachings seriously. How can you expect me to?

"When entertainment becomes God, then God has to become entertaining to be worshipped." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you so drop your comment in the box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...