Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Ten things I love... things that are definitely made in heaven!

Do you sometimes think, this is so good it must come straight from heaven? Here is my list of the top ten things I love most: (not in any specific order)


#1 Ginger
I love ginger. Fresh, dried, powdered or just a slice in hot tea. When I was little my mother used to buy ginger sweets covered in dark chocolate. No one else in the house liked them. Today I follow in her footsteps! I love fresh ginger in curry,.I love ginger in a vanilla smoothie. I love ginger and cinnamon stove top pudding! Click here for that recipe. And check out this recipe!


#2 Leeks
I love leeks in soup, leeks with chicken, and olive oil fried leeks with a macaroni and cheese!


#3 Coriander (dhania, or also known as cilantro)
Fresh or dried coriander. It is one of those beautiful tastes that must have been made in heaven!
Coriander also has amazing health benefits. It is easy to grow so I always have fresh dhania in my garden.


#4 Cinnamon
Anything with cinnamon will do! Love love love!


#5 Cacao
Hmm... chocolate.


#6 Salt
Were would we be without salt. Salt acts as a preservative and gives taste to life. We are to be salt to this world. Matthew 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."


#7 Naartjies
My favourite winter fruit! Now in season.


#8 Chicory
My coffee substitute! Since the season of menopause has arrived in my life, coffee had to go. Unfortunately coffee made all my symptoms of menopause seven times worse. Fact.


#9 Echinacea
A miracle herb! I always have echinacea in my house and I use it for colds and flu and even in powdered form on superficial wounds!


#10 My Bible
Most important of all the things I love. I would be lost without the Word of God to guide me through my days. Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."


Mignon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...