Tuesday, February 5, 2013

When we are in desperate need of mending...

He came home from work all excite and probably saw that I didn't have the greatest-mommy-day-of-the-month. I could see the hope in his eyes as he shared his good news. Me, I just couldn't be anything less than honest, so out came a six word sentence that I couldn't take back afterwards. It just came flying out of my mouth and I could see and feel his disappointment.
The words were out and I couldn't take them back.

For a moment I couldn't just be anything less than honest and completely forgot about why I was put on this earth in the first place created to be his help meet and support and love and care and here I just said six words without thinking.
You know what hurt the most? When he said to me: I knew you were going to say that.

He knew.

He knew I was going to disappoint him.


Later that night, I'm doing some ironing with needle and thread close by and as I go through the clothes I mend and fix and pray these words...



"Lord, fix me
mend me
all these holes
and tears
and hurts.




Oh come and do the mending
and healing and fixing.
Please come and mend the
holes, the relationships,
the brokenness.
May I always remember 
that I'm imperfect
and that You are the perfect
One that heals and mends.
Jesus, I will always 
need You!"

Psalm 141: 3 "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you so drop your comment in the box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...