Saturday, November 10, 2012

Play dough recipe!



My children love play dough! This recipe can be kept in an airtight container, and needs no refrigeration. So I keep mine in a container at the breakfast nook, always available to keep little hands busy! The last batch I made almost lasted for a full year.



1.) Combine: 550ml plain wheat flour
                200ml table salt
                30ml cream of tartar, and mix these in a separate container.

2.) Combine: 500ml water
               30-40ml cooking oil
               3 teaspoons of food colouring in a cooking pot.

3.) Combine everything and continue to stir over medium heat.


Mixture will start to form lumps, but continue to stir until it becomes quite stiff and all "wetness" is gone. Dough must almost look as if you have overcooked it. Remove from heat and knead (while it is still hot) until completely cooled. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.


Play often!
Mignon

PS: I have found that blue food colouring tends to make the play dough very moist!!! Red and green are definitely better. This might be my imagination, but every time I've made blue play dough, it was softer and more sticky - not so nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you so drop your comment in the box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...