Monday, May 7, 2012

When life feels like a big mountain

I so not wanted to go away this weekend. I had all the excuses ready. In fact I already typed an e-mail to my husband about why this weekend felt like a big mountain of work ahead of me instead of it feeling like a much needed breakaway...
I am so glad I did not send that e-mail,
instead,
I deleted my words and started packing...
You see, I love just being at home. Packing and organizing everything to just go away for two nights and a day, seemed like way too much effort... and all the rest of the excuses... I even prayed for bad weather.

Terrible attitude I had.

But God had lovely weather in mind, and a different mountain than the one I saw ahead of me...


On Saturday I exchanged my old shoes, for new ones, for the climb...


On Sunday morning, we went up the mountain.
Matthew 5:1 "AND seeing the multitudes, He went up into a mountain..."
I always wondered why Jesus went up a mountain to speak to the multitudes of people.


Soon I heard how our voices carried gloriously on the slight mountain breeze. Every word any one of us said could be heard, loud and clear. Imagine... the voice of Jesus on the Mountain... "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven..."





On top, at last!
Victory!
And there, on the mountain, I could recite months of memorizing (Matthew 5 verse 1-26). What a blessed moment, saying the Mount on the Mount....

Fabulous! #2136
Goudini Spa - Rawsonville, South Africa.

Mignon


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...