Thursday, May 3, 2012

If I can do this... you could possibly too...

Before my day really got a chance to start, the phone rings and I need to be a help (meet) and tow my husband's car back in mid morning traffic while its raining in Cape Town and no one seems to own a valid drivers licence...
With the Mount close at hand I get a chance to memorize some more on my way there in heavy traffic, people might think I'm crazy talking to myself...
I drive back slowly, towing my husband and his car, concentrating on keeping the rope tight and stress mount up, husband getting impatient, I skip a red light afraid to stop or go faster or the rope snaps.

I breathe.

"The Lord is my Sheperd I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures: He leads me besides the still waters..." and the very long ago memorized Psalm just comes flooding out of my soul. I haven't even read this Psalm in ages, because it brings back sad memories of me reading it aloud to my mother the day she passed away.
I remember how my mother helped me memorize Psalm 23. Once in your heart, it will never leave.

Memorized scripture is like this treasure within. No one can ever ever take it away from you. His Words will always be in your heart, and when the time comes, He will help you to remember the words, but you need to put the words in your heart and the hearts of your (our) children. 
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My Name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
Memorizing the Mount has been such a blessed experience for me. And I will tell you there is no way that I (in my flesh) can or could be able to remember all these Words. It can only be the Holy Comforter that helps me and it is just amazing.
Is there any way that I can inspire even just one person to start memorizing the Mount (Matthew 5 - 7) with me?

Here is where to start with two or three short verses a week.


Mignon

1 comment:

  1. Ek is geinspireer, maar gaan iets anders probeer memoriseer! Dankie! Jy's 'n aansporing v my!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you so drop your comment in the box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...