- I am not an expert on home education, and no one is. The only experts are the parents who did the pioneering before us, and they would probably in all humility tell you that they are not the experts either...
- You need the absolute 100% support of your spouse. This is absolutely essential! There is just no getting around this one.
- Before you start your journey, write down a home school philosophy. Why you home educate, what you want to achieve through home education, how you plan on doing so, and just about everything that comes to mind that is of importance. The day will come when doubt comes like a big wave and you will question yourself and others maybe too, then you have this document in place to put you back on track... (I'll share mine with you in a later post)
- Every child is different. Every parent is different. Every home is different. We all home educate in a different way. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa.
- Learning should be enjoyable - if no one is having fun, no one is learning a thing - except maybe that learning isn't fun....
- This is a lonely road. Don't make it worse by isolating yourself. Join a home ed support group.
- Last but not least: Pray for your children. Pray for the Lord's guidance in their learning and your teaching. Pray that He will show you the way. Pray. Pray. Pray.