Monday, April 16, 2012

This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine...

So I got stuck on verse 15. But like in really stuck. I just could not get the words in my head...

Matthew 5 : 15 "Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house." 

Not too difficult you might say. Oh no, it took me a whole week to get this one memorized. And while I'm struggling to get it all figured out where the lit candle must go and mustn't go, it struck me:

Where's my candle burning? Am I hidden away under a bushel? Rephrase: Is my little light hidden away under a measuring bucket? Where am I? What am I doing? And I am asking myself these questions while I'm away from my children, trying to do something that I actually know I should not be doing. Trying to be someone I'm not...

I know very well where my candlestick is! The place where my light ought to be shining.

Right in the middle of my own home.

This is where my candlestick is. And this is where my candle must be.

This is where my light must be shining, always.

Matthew 5 : 15 "Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house." 



I am a mother. 
I am a wife. 
This is who I am. 
And this is where my light must shine.
This is my purpose.
This is my life.
They are my first priority.

Mignon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you so drop your comment in the box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...