Saturday, February 25, 2012

My weight struggles.

Today is day 7 of juicing all that is fresh! Heatburn and that bloated feeling is something of the past. I have decided to keep going until I reach my goal weight. I have had enough of being overweight and fat and having no energy.
The first two days were difficult, on the morning of day 3 (Tuesday) I woke up feeling great. I washed all my windows and finished all my laundry by 10h00! That is a big achievement around here! AND I had energy left to do school.
So here, it is official: I am sticking to juicing my fruit and veggies until I'm thin again!

I think my weight issues started when I was forced to quit ballet at the age of 16 due to severe exercise induced asthma. Suddenly I wasn't getting a good workout 3 times a week and one day my father said to me to go check the scale! Then my mother introduced me to appetite suppressants. It started with Redupon, later moved on to Dietene, and then on to slimming mixtures concocted by the local pharmacist! It wasn't long before taking these had very little to do with losing weight. I was no longer managing my weight, but managing an addiction.
I managed to quit using these during my pregnancies. But as soon as I stopped breast feeding, I was back to managing my weight! 
In 2004 I made a 180, and decided to follow Jesus. Not long after that I stopped smoking AND stopped using all appetite suppressants. Well, needless to say, the weight started piling on and I gained 20 kg's all-in-all!
So here it is, I am now going to loose this extra weight, with the help of my Saviour!

A long time ago, every time I prayed to the Lord for help regarding my weight, I got the same answer. Daniel 1. And every time I would answer back to the Lord that this is not a very healthy way to eat because I NEED my carbs and protein! The Lord was right and I was wrong. Earlier this year I gave in and did a 10 day Daniel fast. Every time I got hungry I would pray and focus on Him giving me strength. I lost a total of 5 kilograms and felt great, but slowly managed to go back to all the old habits and gained 2-3 kg's.
I know I can do all things through Him Who gives me strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear from you so drop your comment in the box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...